- A summary of benefits, which began in September 2012, should be received by each employee at the time of renewal, new hire or any changes in the health plan.
- The waiting period for a new hire cannot be greater than 90 days beginning January 1, 2014.
- Insurance companies cannot deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
- There is an exchange and subsidy notice to employees that must provide written notice of exchange and subsidies – proposed in fall 2013.
- FSA (flexible spending accounts) will be capped at $2,500.
- Employers are required to report the premium cost of the health insurance on the W-2s effective in the 2012 tax year.
Open Enrollment for Medicare Advantage plans runs from January 1, 2020 up through March 31, 2020, for effective dates of February 1st to April 1st. Open Enrollment Period (OEP) is […]
If your employer-sponsored employee benefit package has a mid-year renewal, now is the time you should be shopping so that as we roll up to this renewal date that you […]
Last call for everybody with Medicare questions, problems, plan changes, etc., December 7 is the cut off date for the annual Medicare Open Enrollment Period that started October 15. During […]
These are Centers of Excellence available to ACA Iowa small group members. Small group ACA members will be required to use Blue Distinction Centers for knee and hip replacements, bariatric […]