- A summary of benefits, which began in September 2012, should be received by each employee at the time of renewal, new hire or any changes in the health plan.
- The waiting period for a new hire cannot be greater than 90 days beginning January 1, 2014.
- Insurance companies cannot deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
- There is an exchange and subsidy notice to employees that must provide written notice of exchange and subsidies – proposed in fall 2013.
- FSA (flexible spending accounts) will be capped at $2,500.
- Employers are required to report the premium cost of the health insurance on the W-2s effective in the 2012 tax year.
Recently, Wellmark filed their proposed rate increases for individual and family plans with the Iowa Insurance Division. Less than 4% of Wellmark’s total business in Iowa are these individual and […]
Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa and South Dakota will require individuals to answer health questions if moving to MedicareBlue Supplement SM Plan G from another MedicareBlue SupplementPplan […]
If you have a Medicare eligible employee, whether it be the employee or the spouse of an employee still on your plan, you may not want to go down that […]
Quoting is free and it pays benefits. I have never charged for my quoting and my consultation fees because my main goal is to help people. This has put me […]